Sunday 2 November 2014

There are Men Who Drive Worst than Women!!!




Ever came across men and women who gave your car a way; allowing you to get through in heavy traffic when they would have opted not to give you the way? No,...but I have had such pleasant experiences where men and women have been courteous enough to let my car cross first...Wow! Isn't that amazing? REALLY ROAD TRAFFIC DELIGHT. Yes, I respect such people a lot who understand traffic rules...who understand that if someone out there is waiting for long on the road or is in a hurry then that someone must be allowed to have his or her way. I remember one incident which occurred while I was graduating. I was with my father in his car. He had to drop me that day(officially I got my car keys at the age of twenty though I learnt driving a car at the age of eighteen). My father is a very patient and an excellent driver. I still remember how we had to pass this Roundabout, there was a lot of traffic, there were no traffic lights and we were required to find out our way among other vehicles. Without any alternatives we were put on the wait, halfway on the road. There was this BMW which came straight and I knew it was going to be another impediment for us but it slowed down and halted to our surprise. There was a young gentleman in the car who directed his chauffeur to halt and let us have our way. My father focused on his steering. I mean we didn't know each other, he didn't know my father and there is nothing which linked us to him. I still remember how his chauffeur made a repelling face and looked at his master. The young gentleman dressed up in a black business suit smiled and indicated my father to cross through first. It was a decent meeting with perhaps one of the best man in this world. For those who might take it other way I need to clear this that we didn't see him again. He didn't follow us-neither I nor my father were disturbed by his kindness. I knew it then itself that it was a sheer act of humanity which was selfless in all contexts. I mean I felt so belittled by the gracious act of that gentleman that whenever I come across such a situation, I too give way to others. He was not the only one good man on the road for I came across many such good men and women while in the car or while driving myself. When I learnt driving I realized that yes, good men do exist albeit I didn't come across a man like the gentleman whom I have mentioned above but yes a little courtesy always accompanied in most of the cases with good driving skills. Over the years I have mastered the skill of driving and I would warmly extend my gratitude to my Guru, my father, my father's company driver(who often exclaimed that I was as dumb as an ass on the road when it came to driving-a big zero), my family members who often boosted my spirits. But still whenever I am on the road I actually come across such men who are with their cars on the road without knowing the ABC of driving skills. Such men are amateurs for me. You will be surprised to know that thrice my car was hit from behind by such ignorant men who didn't know that a Red traffic light by the roadside shouts out loud that we are required to halt. I even had an argument with two such men. What surprised me that they were elderly and educated enough to understand the meaning of Red Light! I often feel like laughing at the person who passes stereotype comments that women are at their worst when it comes to driving. For the men and women I suggest that for dealing with such mischief mongers one must click their and their car's number plate pictures because such men really flee away at the sight of traffic police. It is best to have a handy proof to catch up these people and see to it that they are punished for what they do. So, with all my experiences I can state that yes there are women who might not be good when it comes to driving but without being biased I would like to express that men are not less in violating the traffic rules. I feel you have to follow traffic rules no matter what you are and where you are. Why? Just for the sake of proving the fact that you are responsible citizen of India. I have seen that there are such men and women who violate traffic rules without any shame or fear. When I see such people I realize that either they don't consider themselves worthy enough to live on this earth or they regard others as worthless. Following Traffic rules is as much important as respecting your Boss and your loved ones. For men and women who might go through this-Please,follow traffic rules. :)

image source:http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Traffic_Congestion_-_Mathura_Road_-_New_Delhi_2014-05-13_2736.JPG, photographer:Biswarup Ganguly

No comments:

Post a Comment